Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hazy Reflections

Well, this past week has felt incredibly familiar and strange at the same time. The process of getting to know people is definitely a lot slower this year. I've gotten to know like 10 more names and had significant experiences with them (*ahem* Mafia), but there's still a lot of people (mainly the girls) that I don't know.

After the layover in Washington, I watched a couple of movies on the plane. Tried to get through Forrest Gump for the first time (in Spanish to practice for my internship in the Dominican Republic... ya I couldn't get through a half hour), Mrs. Doubtfire, and Avatar (also in Spanish, but it put me to sleep).

When we finally got to Munich, we packed 46 people very nicely into a 50 person bus. I have never heard a group of college students be so quiet since we were all sleeping.

The first stop while being in Europe? McDonalds.
And I felt super bad that when we got there, 46 people just kind of dominated the entire place for like 2 hours while we waited for food and were super stereotypical Americans.

When we arrived at the hostel, we got room assignments (I'm with 2 good friends and 2 OSU people) and picked out groups to go get our first taste of Slovene food. I got to connect with a staff member from OU that is now International Cru Staff, and had some AMAZING čevapčiči (Slovene dish that is reminiscent of sausage links).

Up until this point, everything has been almost an exact mirror image of last year. Its nice that some things don't change. But at the same time, I don't want to have the same experience that I had last year. A lot of things are definitely will be different, like who I talk to, the people I connect with, how I go about my walk with the Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment